Connect with us

How to immigrate to Canada?

Caregivers: Home Child-Care Provider Pilot (HCCPP) and Home Support Worker Pilot (HSWP)

3 brown hand with white background

These two programs are intended for foreign nationals who have a job offer or at least 24 months of Canadian work experience in eligible caregiver occupations, AND who meet minimum education and language requirements. The following requirements are for both a) Home Child Care Provider Pilot Program and b) Home Support Worker Pilot.

How to apply?

You will need to come to Canada first on an occupation-restricted open work permit and work temporarily for 24 months in Canada after which you can apply for permanent residence. However, if you did not meet the requirement of the permanent residence, you can extend your work permit, nonetheless, your employer will need to get a new LMIA approval first.


Point Systemn. a
Pass scoren. a
LanguageYou must have CLB/NCLC 5 in all 4 abilities.
ExperienceTo be able to apply for PR, you must prove that you have at least 24 months of Canadian work experience in the last 36 months in NOC 4411 (Only the Home Child-Care Providers experience) or NOC 4412 (Only the Home Support Workers and related occupations experience). If you do not have 24 months’ work experience, you will be eligible to receive an occupation restricted (caregiver) open work permit so you can acquire 24 months’ experience in the next 36 months.
Job OfferA job offer is not required if you have 24 months of Canadian work experience. If you do not have 24 months of Canadian work experience, you must have a job offer so you can receive an occupation-restricted open work permit to get your 24 months’ work experience within the next 36 months and be eligible to apply for PR. The job offer must be from a single eligible employer, not based in Québec, full-time, non-seasonal, in NOC 4411, or NOC 4412 and be valid at the time of the application for obtaining occupation restricted open work permit.  
LMIALMIA is not required (for PR application)
Education1-year Canadian post-secondary education or higher or ECA if education is from abroad. (Accessed in Sep 2021).

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar