Connect with us

How to Immigrate to Ontario?

Masters Graduate Stream

person wearing red graduation dress

This program is for international students with master’s degrees from an Ontario university, who want to live permanently in Ontario.

How to apply?

This stream works under an Expression of Interest System; you must register and express your interest in this program to get an invitation. To get started, you must create a profile in the OINP e-Filing Portal and register an expression of interest for the International Masters Graduate. You will then receive an invitation to apply for a nomination. Once you receive the OINP nomination letter and certificate, you can then apply to IRCC for your permanent residence.


LanguageMust have CLB/NCLC 7 or higher in English or French.
Job OfferA job offer is not required.
EducationMust have completed the requirement of a master’s degree (1-year full-time or equivalent) from an eligible university in Ontario. A long list of eligible universities is available on the Ontario website.
Settlement FundsYou must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members.
OtherResidency: You must have legally lived in Ontario for 1 year in the last 2 years before your application date. The residency can be cumulative, continuous presence is not mandatory. You can’t apply if you live in provinces other than Ontario, you must be either in Ontario or abroad. Application period: Must submit your application within 2 years of completing your master’s degree.



(Accessed in Sep 2021).

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar