Connect with us

How to immigrate to Alberta?

Opportunity Stream

person holding camera lens

This program is for temporary foreign workers who are already in Alberta working full-time and also have a full-time job offer in eligible occupations from an Alberta employer. Positive LMIA or LMIA exempted work permits are required.   

Application Process: Apply online through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) Portal.


IRCC Point Systemn. a
Provincial Profile/Point Systemn.a
Pass scoren. a
LanguageMust have a minimum CLB/NCLC 5 in English or French if you are working in a NOC 0, A, or B occupations, OR a minimum of CLB/NCLC 4 if you are working in a NOC C or D occupation. However, CLB/NCLC 7 is required in English or French if you are working in NOC Code 3413.
ExperienceCurrent work experience must be in the eligible occupations in NOC skill levels 0, A, B, C or D. Please note a few occupations inside these NOCs are still ineligible. A minimum of 1-year full-time experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months. A minimum of 2 years full-time work experience in your current occupation in Canada or abroad within the last 2.5 years (30 months) or both, can be a combination of in Alberta, in Canada or abroad. If you have a post-graduation work permit you will need a minimum of 6 months of full-time work experience within the last 18 months in your current occupation in Alberta. 
Job OfferAll applicants must have a bona fide full-time job offer or employment contract from an Alberta employer in their current occupation. A job offer can be in any NOC. For post-graduate work permit holders, the NOC must be relevant to studies.
Wage StandardWages and benefits must meet the provincial minimum wage standard and meet/exceed the wage requirements mentioned under LMIA.  
EducationMust have a minimum of high school education or ECA. If you are a postgraduate of an Alberta Advanced Education publicly funded post-secondary institution you must have a post-graduation work permit (PGWP).
Current ResidenceMust be living in Alberta and must have valid temporary resident status in Canada.
Ineligible applicantsOut of status foreign nationals, refugee claimants, in appeal or removal process, non-Alberta residents.
Ineligible occupationsYes, a list of non-eligible occupations exists.

LINKS AND RESOURCES: (Accessed in Sep 2021).

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar